with Katja Maria Slotte
You’ll perhaps be tempted to skip the mindfulness exercise at the beginning of class, and jump straight to figuring out how things work, because you feel there’s so little time. Don’t do this. In these times, when we need to adapt quickly to what’s happening around us, more than ever do we need to center ourselves first.
Taking action from a place of rush, stress, panic, fear or anxiety, is going to backfire at you.
There is NO need to rush through this.
Same goes for adapting online components into your long-term business vision. Act from a place of composed, centered action that is based in clarity, calm and focused strategy. If you need help with optimizing your online teaching skills, get in touch. Now, grab your favorite drink, a pen and paper, and enjoy class!
Good luck with this! You can do it!!!
• If you’re an independent teacher / freelance artist, feel excited about online teaching, and you’d like to start taking (a part of) your teaching activites online, then let’s talk!
Helping creative visionaries like YOU get clear on your unique voice, maximize your talents and potential, get strategic in your actions, connect with the students who you can get the best results with, learn to bring your teaching online, create superb content without wasting tons of money and time, and organize this in platforms so that you can create your own courses, “online school or classroom”, get time-saving systems in place for your business, move from “Starving Artist” mentality to a mindset and actions based in abundance-mindset, and create sustainable lives as artists and teachers, is what I LOVE to do.
Here’s a couple of thoughts.
Online teaching is wonderful.
I personally love all the freedom and possibilities it creates for both the teacher and the students.
But here’s the thing.
When most people try to take their teaching activites online or create digital courses, they take the ‘scenic’ route and either try to DIY things by “spying” on other people who are doing it and trying to figure out how they are doing it, or waste a lot of time, money and energy into creating courses and products that might even not sell at all. Or they rush into things and try to “get something up into the interwebs as quickly as possible”, especially now that we all have to move online.
Don’t be that person!
I can help you.
I started figuring out things related to online teaching back in 2011, and since then I’ve built my own online classroom that now serves singers, artists and teachers all over the world. In addition to lessons and group classes, I’ve created courses, coaching programs, organized learning content in platforms, have set up systems to serve my clients in efficient ways, and many time saving systems to run my business. In addition to building my own business, I’ve also been commissioned to create materials for an international e-learning company, and been part of the production process of online courses. Since 4 years, I’ve also conducted live streams, led online communities, and created safe and supportive learning environments online.
I can guide you through the process of finding your unique voice, getting clear on what you want to do, why you want to do it, who you want to serve, what kind of limiting beliefs and Starving Artist mentality is holding you back (and what to do about it), and running (a part of) your business online, so that you too can create additional revenue streams with your unique talents, and location freedom that allows you to do wonderful things like:
- Being of even greater service and adding even more value to your student’s lives.
- Not having to stop teaching when you go on a tour.
- Having money rolling in even if you’re taking time off for your art in an artist residence, like when I brought my students with me to The Canary Islands to work on some music projects.
- Get clear on your unique voice as a teacher and build your own teaching studio, like this singer I coached in launching her business.
- Monetize your creative talents in ways you maybe not even thought were possible.
- Create a business by sharing your unique story and expertise, like this guitarist who I helped getting started with his online business, that’s now serving musicians worldwide.
- Having a safety-net in times when gigs and projects are unexpectedly cancelled.
- Have more time to create!
- Avoid “teaching burnout” that results from trading hours for euros / dollars, rather than focusing on leveraging value and results.
If this resonates with you, get in touch for a chat!
In our call we’ll get clear on your exciting vision, what’s currently standing in your way, and I’ll point you towards a next step. My superpowers are: ideation, connecting the dots, strategy, solving problems, conceiving new concepts, designing plans, and turning thoughts into action.